Additional Rules/Fines for the Burn Pile and Compost Piles
ENFORCEMENT AND FINES
8. A fine of $250 to $1000 per occurrence may be imposed by the Wilderness Board of Directors for
any violation of the Burn pile or Compost Pile rules.
BURN PILE RULES
A. Burn Pile.
1. The Burn Pile is for the exclusive use of the Wilderness property owners.
2. The property owners may use the Burn Pile to dispose of yard and household material originating in
the Wilderness, which will burn completely to ash such as lumber, tree limbs, wood chips, cardboard, etc.
3. Material such as metal, plastic, very large trees, rubber, fiberglass, glass, ceramic, etc. cannot be
placed on the Burn Pile by anyone.
4. Individuals using the Burn Pile must make every effort to place material on top of the pile, not block
vehicles from driving around inside the berm, and never place anything outside the berm.
5. Unless specifically authorized by the Wilderness Board of Directors, the Burn Pile cannot be used by
non-property owners for any purpose, even if they are working for property owners.
6. Any exception must be requested and granted by the Wilderness Board of Directors or a fine may be
COMPOST PILES RULES
B. Compost Piles.
1. The compost piles can be used to dispose of grass clippings, leaves and plant trimmings with stems
no larger than ¼ inch.
2. All material placed on the Compost Piles must have originated in the Wilderness.
3. Plastic sacks, pots, tarps and any other non-plant material cannot be left in the Compost Piles.
4. Only property owners and contractors working for property owners can use the Compost Piles.
5. Any exception must be requested and granted by the Wilderness Board of Directors or a fine may be
Adopted: August 23, 2014